This project is read-only.

Footprints of old versions in Sharepoint

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Just now we are using TFS2010 with the SftS-Templates version 3.0. In this environment we have also old projects which have been using version 2.2 templates. Now we'd like to migrate to TFS2012. We know that there is no support from StfS. Our plan was to get all the old data with the old templates and start work within new projects with microsoft templates. Unfortunately we are having big problems in installing sharepoint. We don't get access to our old documents. Does anyone have any recommendations for solving this problem?
Aug 6, 2013 at 5:22 PM
This sounds like a more general TFS upgrade/migration question rather than being specific to SfTS. You might try the TFS Migration forum at MSDN or the TFS Upgrade Guide on CodePlex.

Typically each project has its own SharePoint site. I don't think TFS has any special tools for moving SharePoint content from one site to another. You'd probably have to manually move them or use some SharePoint-specific tool.
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM
In the meanwhile we have also a problem with the reports. We don't see any report and get following errormessage: "Fehler beim Laden der Ausdruckshostassembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Conchango.TeamSystem.Metrics, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,..."
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM
In the meanwhile I got a hint that we should install your SiteDefinitionTemplate. How can I get this?
Aug 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Can you describe your migration plans in more detail? Are you doing an in-place upgrade or migrating to a new server?
Aug 8, 2013 at 7:28 AM
We are doing a side-by-side migration. Fortunately we are able to see our documents now. It seems we’ve been too impatient. Obviously it has been necessary to install all the stuff concerning TFS 2012.
Thanks for all your effort.