This project is read-only.

Single Scrum team releases

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM

We are quite large organization but still find that most of the releases are done by a single Scrum team.

As we use TFS since the v. 2008, our TFS projects were upgraded from MSF templates to SfTS. So the Workbench doesn't always work in those cases (but let's leave that for another thread).

Do you find yourself frequently in situations where you could jump over the Sprint WI level and link Release WI directly with Team Sprint WI?

I found myself modifying Release and Team Sprint WITs to allow that pretty much on ever product line we have.

Am I missing a point here or do we have a case of needed feature - not mandating the Sprint WI in the middle but have it there as optional?

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Yes I think your point is valid. The template was expressly designed for large multi-teamed Scrum projects that Conchango/EMC were working with at the time.

I am kicking around an idea to produce a "Diet" version of the template that is targeted at single team scenarios and also incorporate some changes/additions based on our experiences with the template since it was launched.

The Iteration Path and the Release – Sprint – Team Sprint could be greatly simplified, thereby reducing the amount of work required to create and manage new Releases and Sprints.

Cheers, Colin

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Sounds great. I'm more than happy to help with that as I think I'm gradually making such changes anyway.

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:03 PM

If this becomes an organized effort, I would be willing to assist as much as I am able. Our organization is small and we are just beginning to finalize the move from TFS2008 to TFS2010. We started with SFTS 2 which suited our needs but will have to move to move to SFTS 3 which means reorganizing our process to use the parts that make sense for us as we won't ever be more than a single team. Adapting to changes for the SFTS3 process has, in part, retarded our migration effort. A slimmed down process would be of interest.