This project is read-only.

Error during Upgrade procedure

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM

I successfully installed SfTS version 3.0.3784.03_x64 a while ago, and now wanted to do an upgrade with the recently uploaded installer on codeplex (version 3.0.4281.00_x64). The following error happens when I click on the installer:

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Scrum for Team System v3.0.4281.00. Product Version: 3.0.4281.00. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: EMC Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638.

Product: Scrum for Team System v3.0.4281.00 -- Configuration failed.

Any ideas?

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Edited Sep 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Hi Mortomanos,

Not sure on the nature of your exception message. Did you uninstall the previous template version first? Also, I'm not sure what the "Reconfigured" statement is all about. This isn't a reconfiguraiton process, it's an installation. Very odd.

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Is it necessary to uninstall first?

I'll try that...

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Okay, that seemed to work. But now I have both versions of the template installed. How can I upgrade my existing Team Collection to the new template?

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM
mortomanos wrote:

Okay, that seemed to work. But now I have both versions of the template installed. How can I upgrade my existing Team Collection to the new template?

You can use the either the SfTS Deployment Tool (installed with SfTS v3) or the Visual Studio Process Template Manager to remove any unwanted template versions. There isn't any difference between the SfTS template work item definitions so your existing projects does not need to be changed. The new changes are within the event service rules and deployment tool. Both these aspects are updated globally by the install process and affect all existing SfTS v3 projects.

If you're liking the SfTS v3 template, why not take a few seconds to review the release?

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I'm using the SfTS v3 template since a couple of weeks now with my team and am very satisfied so far, but I have to extend the shipped reports and don't know where to have a look. Maybe you can help me in another thread?

Of course I'll add a review, if you wish.

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I'm a new user to SfTS v3 (been using SfTS v2 with VS2008 for some time) and am trying to configure process templates. I've hit a problem using the Visual Studio Process Template Manager to upload changes to process templates - Error is TFS30129: Failed to upload process template (I can let you have the log file if relevant). Thought it was something I changed in the template, so tried downloading the standard v3 template, changing the name of it in the xml file and then uploading it - Hit same problem.

I can download, make changes to MSF Agile template and then upload it successfully, but can't upload the SfTS v3 template.

Some questions

1. Has anyone succeeded in uploading a modified SfTS v3 templat using the Visual Studio Process Template Manager?

2. Should I use the SfTS Deployment Tool instead?